Every Civil Engineer must be knowledgeable about every bit of construction materials and their usage, limits, measurements etc. here are some tips that can be followed.
Civil Engineering is a kind of engineering which keep focusing on the maintenance, construction and designing of the various kinds of common works like transportation systems, building official buildings, water systems and various public facilities. The civil engineers mostly work for municipalities, federal governments or private firms which have been contracted to design various structures and construct public works.
The engineers must have 4-year of educational degree and a much chosen set of skills to get the job; the skills they will get from a very long time in engineering school. Extra applicable education and certifications can be done to increase the qualifications in the career to get better position.
This article will help you to know about the Basic Knowledge that any Civil Engineer needs to remember:
- The weight of the first Class brick should not be less than 3.85kg.
- The Tensile potency of the first Class brick has to be 3000 lbs / sq.inch.
- The basic height of any building should not be more than 215 cm.
- The One Hook length has to be getting with 9D formula where the D stands for dia of the bar that is used in stirrup.
- A First class brick can’t absorb water more than 1/5 or 1/6 portion of the weight of the brick.
- The thickness of damp-proof course must be 2.5cm.
- A window has to be 315cm normally.
- The height of a staircase Riser should be 6cm, a comfortable height for everyone in public.
- The thickness of a beam has to be 15cm.
- Both the normal and local sand Fine Aggregate limit should be 05-0.8
There are some more important things can be added in the list later like- Different types of cement, Technical names of the Curves on roads, Concretes never dry, Grain sizes for different kinds of soil etc. and many more.