Learn More about Prevention of Plastic Shrinkage Cracks. Here are the tips for how to prevent plastic shrinkage cracks.
Watch this video demonstration by UltraTech Cement :
– Plastic Shrinkage cracks occur due to rapid evaporation of water sheen from the surface of the freshly placed concrete
– Ensure surface moisture continuously
– In hot weather conditions, it is preferable to do concreting during morning and evening
– Keep the concrete temperature low either by adding cold water or by avoiding the use of warm aggregates
– Cover the freshly laid concrete with plastic sheets or keep the surface moist by sprinkling water